- The Manning Girl, a novel. November 2023. Regal House Publishing (Raleigh, NC).
- Resurrection City: Stories from the Disaster Zone, December 2022. Winner of the Spokane Prize, Willow Springs Books (Inland Northwest Center for Writers. Spokane, WA).
- Now We Can All Go Home: Three novellas in homage to Chekhov, November 2014. BkMk Press (Kansas City, MO.)
- Café Deux Mondes. Ploughshares Solos, 2014 (ebook from Kindle Singles; Audible, 2015). Ploughshares Omnibus 3, 2015.
- Secret Lives, stories. Dzanc Books, rEprint Series, 2013. Originally published by Southern Methodist University Press, Dallas, TX, 2003. Winner, Best Book 2004, from Missouri Writers Guild.
- The Heart, a feuillet, 1996. Helicon Nine Editions (Kansas City, MO).
- The Clay That Breathes, a novella and stories. 2013 Dzanc Book, rEprint Series. Originally published by Milkweed Editions (Minneapolis) 1991.
Go To Bookshop.com, your Indepenent Bookseller, Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com
“Departures.” New Stories From the Midwest 2016, Ed. Lee Martin. New American Press, 2016.
"Cafe Deux Mondes." Ploughshares Solos Omnibus, Volume 3. Ed. Ladette Randolph. Ploughshares/Emerson College, 2015.
"The Incident.” Kansas City Noir. Ed. Steve Paul, Akashic Books. Ltd., October 2012.
"The Altar." The Broken Bridge: Fiction from Expatriates in Literary Japan. Ed. Suzanne Kamata. Berkeley: Stone Bridge Press, 1997.
"A Lesson in Sounds." Exposures: Essays by Missouri Women. Ed. Sara Morgan. Kansas City, MO: Woods Press, 1997.
"Tigers." American Fiction, Number 1. Ed. Michael C. White. New York: Birch Lane Press, 1990. Prizewinner.
"The Enterprise." Gardening the Skies, the Missouri Bienneial Anthology. Springfield, MO: Southwest Missouri State University, 1988.